Tuesday, June 8, 2010

HYPNOSIS FOR WEIGHT RELEASE

Can you imagine how wonderful I felt when Corey told me I helped him get his life back? Thank you Corey for your trust in me, belief in yourself, determination and commitment to the process!  Mr. Milman has given his consent to share his story.  In fact he's proud to do so.  He has become our biggest cheerleader!  Thank you, Corey. 




Dropping LBs: Corey Milman of East Meadow lost 61 pounds


www.newsday.com

Corey Milman, a 59-year-old sales representative from East Meadow, underwent hypnosis six months ago, which he believes helped him to lose 61 pounds.
 
Corey Milman: 'I eat to live instead of living to eat'


Originally published: June 4, 2010 5:42 PM

Updated: June 8, 2010 3:07 PM

By LINDA PERNEY Special to Newsday


Corey Milman of East Meadow lost 61 pounds after he underwent hypnosis and realized that he was eating too much. With some exercise and an updated diet, he now "eats to live instead of living to eat."

Height: 5'7"

Weight before: 238 (Dec. 2008)

Weight after: 177 (June 2010)

His story: Six months ago, Corey Milman had high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and was very overweight. Today, that picture has changed radically. "I now do not snore; my sleep apnea is gone; my medications are being reduced under medical supervision," says Milman.

How did he manage to make such a change? "I went for hypnosis," says Milman. "I had five sessions. My therapist listened to what my issues were - my issue was that I ate too much."

As Milman is quick to point out, his weight-loss is an ongoing project. "I continue to reinforce myself since all of my sessions were recorded." But his new way of eating represents more than a change of diet. "This is a change of lifestyle," Milman says. "Now, I eat to live instead of living to eat."

His diet: "I don't count calories. I eat sensibly," says Milman. "No bagels and no desserts. These things were put into my therapy, and I have no desire for them. But I eat pretty much anything I want to eat. I don't eat between meals - I don't get hungry. And I wind up getting fuller faster because I eat much more slowly than I used to. And I don't eat anywhere near as much as I used to."

His exercise: "I am on the aerobic treadmill three times a week, doing at least two miles each time."

His advice: "There's something out there that will help you lose weight," says Milman. "What worked for me might not work for someone else; you just have to find what works for you. But the key is to stop thinking about a diet and think about a lifestyle change."


Hypnosis is an excellent tool for self-empowerment! I invite you to allow me to be part of your SUCCESS equation.  Eugenia E. Karahalias, LCSW-R, CASAC, CCH

Visit my web site

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Eugenia, your accomplishments in your field are amazing. Keep up the good work. I am sure that 100 Coreys will be coming to you in the very near future.

    I wish you the best of luck in all your success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bruce! I see you're vying to become my number 1 fan, LOL!

    ReplyDelete